on the balcony

Kind of laid back.

Friday, January 28, 2005

It's out there somewhere, I've seen it.


. Posted by Hello
As I was sitting outside the local bagelshop today trying to finish my reading for PHIL308 (or, more accurately, trying my best to do something productive with the two hours I had to go before my final class of the day), I had suddenly become distracted by the sudden, warming glow of the sun peeking through the clouds. I was lost in a swirl of thoughts, provoked by what I had just been reading, about how carefree our culture allows us to be, all the things it provides for us to want and how 'safe' everything seems. I was just watching and contemplating, most likely with some silly blank look on my face, when I saw a man ride by on a bike holding a peculiar envelope.
It was large and white, with a series of lines of print all scratched out with blue and black ink. It was headed by an enormous, single word in bold red letters.
This word was "PROOF".

What a lucky guy, I thought. Of all the absurdities that this world has slipped into our pockets, what a great thing to have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home