on the balcony

Kind of laid back.

Monday, December 13, 2004

Break the Cycle


... Posted by Hello

I am now back in Portland for the Holiday break. It's nice to be back. Of course, when I'm here I have people to answer to every second of the day, namely my parents, but it's nothing I haven't had to deal with before. I think the reason I like returning here, despite the restrictions on my freedom, is that I have a place or a purpose in this city. My family is here, my childhood memories and my growth as a person over the years happened here. I also have my old car back finally, which is a very beautiful thing.
Unlike in Eugene, which I have found to be the most insecure and unstable residence I have ever held, when I am in Portland I feel as if I have something to do, someone to see...it's nice to have someone waiting for you. It's good to see my parents, my brother, old friends; It's good to know that the place you are returning to is a welcoming place, not full of people who can't trust or rely on eachother.
Portland can also be a very depressing place; coming here makes me realize how miserable Eugene can be, it reminds me of how great and full of life things once were. But I guess I'd rather be depressed here than anywhere else I can think of at the moment.
Anyways, I will say it again, it's nice to be back. I am looking foreward to the rest of the break, I am wondering whether this will be one that leaves me with memories or if I will come out empty handed...I think I may be hoping for the latter of the two, lately the memories I've been storing up just don't cut it anymore. Or maybe I'll get lucky and somehow break the cycle. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:33 PM, Blogger Alyssa said…

    Peter - thanks for visiting and it is never an intrusion to check out anything I post. I have read some of the posts on your site to see what you are all about, I enjoyed it and bookmarked it.
    It's nice to know there are people out there who can relate...keep reading if you like and if you ever have any guidance feel free to share a comment, feedback is always welcome and it puts a smile on my face...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home