on the balcony

Kind of laid back.

Friday, December 10, 2004

It's wet and it's been falling


... Posted by Hello

So I haven't posted in a few days...with all the celebrating involved in the temporary break between terms free of worry and schoolwork, I guess I didn't have time to update. Oh well.
Anyways, the rain has finally started in Eugene. Now people here say the rain is depressing and wastes the day, but I have welcomed it open-armed. Due to the heavy blanket of clouds that accompanies this sort of weather, the otherwise excessively long and miserably freezing nights have become tolerable. Now it's warmer and the pavement glisens, a refreshing twist to the nauseating sameness of this place. The air has replaced it's icey chill with a damp freshness that breathes life into the minutes spent walking to class or sitting out reading on the back porch. This presents a promising mood that I hope can be sustained throughout the break.
I guess I'm just thankful that it's over for a few weeks, thats all it really comes down too. And I have a ticket to the Iron and Wine show tomorrow, which is nice. Okay, I'm exhausted...so until next time, try to appriceate the rain for what its worth and take it easy. G'night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home