on the balcony

Kind of laid back.

Sunday, January 09, 2005

My Space


Posted by Hello

Now that I am back to this fine town and have had some time to settle (aka shake the whole 'stay sober for the sake of the family' routine), I have noticed a few things. Like how my room is now the popular hang out for the locals and visiting guests. Well, not counting the tent (?!?) in the living room of course.

Pro: people leave their stuff* in here. *(read: functional lighters/good CDs/silver change and the occasional dead president/bass guitar complete with amp/illicit paraphernalia and related goods)

Con: people leave their shit* in here. *(read: crumbs in the bed/bad CDs/burning embers in the trash/mystery cups and wounded soldiers/unsupervised alterations involving my alarm clock’s volume setting/traces of unsound cognitive function and questionable maneuvering skills/the large and highly suspect paper bag in the corner)

Verdict: After some moments of substance-enhanced contemplation, I have decided---pause for dramatic effect-- that I will still allow my room to be open to the public...for a small, 'contextually-appropriate' price*.

*(ie. more silver change/fresh herbs/a cold one/kittens/a good joke that I haven't heard before/a valid europass/the answer to #5/something actually meaningful and important to say/etc.)

So, there. Now you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home