on the balcony

Kind of laid back.

Monday, January 03, 2005

Back at the U


nothing new Posted by Hello
Okay I have to make this quick because my internet connection is horrid at the moment. Wireless is overrated.
I'm back at school and things have pretty much gone back to the way they were. My car won't start, I have no way to charge my cell phone (I don't have a land line) and there are no stars in the sky at night. I can't go shopping for food because I'm to lazy to write out my checking transactions (I rely completely on online banking) and I don't know how much money I have in my account. I might have a job.
Of course, as long as I have electricity I should be okay...I finally got a record player! And with some of my Xmas money and got the Bright Eyes vinyl box set I've been wanting. Of course, I have other vinyls that I will be listening to as well but, if you know me, you know I can't go more than a day without some Conor.
The holidays were nice and I'm pretty excited about the coming term. Over the break I got in all the relaxation my mind could ask for, plus I got a little appetite back.
Oh...and my New Years resolution(s):
#1: Keep my promises, stick to my word...with others and with myself.
#2: Stay honest.
#3: Travel.
#4: Record an album of songs using the comp and my worthless equipment.
#5: Get better at making food from scratch.

Honesty is always the best policy, a promise made and not kept is a lie. I did not decide on this because I am a liar or a cheat...no, I guess I am a flake. Yeah, I suppose that's it. I am lethargic and absentminded and it doesn't really get me anywhere with anyone. I just need to start returning phone calls. That sort of thing. I figure if I can get a handle on that I can start getting stuff done for myself. No more procrastination, it's a cheap cop-out and I feel cheap giving into it so often.
Okay well I am going to end this one a little short because I fear I will get kicked off soon and lose my entry. Happy New Year everyone.

Oh....one more thing....seriously...if you have done nothing to help the situation in SE Asia get on it. Do it, do something. NOW.
Tsunami Help
WALHI
Greengrants
More...

2 Comments:

  • At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    First, before you tell others to do something, you should tell everyone what you have done - maybe you could inspire some people

    Second, I found that while listening to Bright Eyes, things seem to be depressing - obviously music has a great impact on our lives, but what if it is not always a good impact?

    Jared

     
  • At 8:13 PM, Blogger Alyssa said…

    Thanks for the feedback Jared, I can see where you're coming from, but really, as Peter said, I'm modest and I feel proclaiming my good deeds would cheapen the sentiment behind them. On the other hand, I can see where not stating that I have taken any action could leave others uninspired to do anything as well.
    As for Bright Eyes, everyone will have their own interpretation of anything. Yes, Bright Eyes can be relatively depressing, but I take comfort in the sincerity, consistency and poetic quality of the songs. Poppy or otherwise generic music leaves me feeling cheap, while probably not quite depressed, and frustrated. I just listen to what I can relate to and trust not to let me down, and I have found that Conor's work fits perfectly. I think Peter understands. Thanks for the comments guys, take care!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home