on the balcony

Kind of laid back.

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Post Title


Posted by Hello

I really have nothing to say in this post, it is somewhat frustrating. I get the urge to update this thing all the time, i'll write a whole post just on a whim. Yet, when I read it over I can't even remember what I was thinking. So, of course, I delete it and go back to pretending I have a life.
But this time I will brainstorm and choose something to analyse and pick apart...hmmm...what will it be?
Ah, okay I know what I am going to talk about tonight. Most recently in my philosophy class we have been discussing Foucault and sexuality, so I think I am going to extend my thoughts on the subject to my blog. I think the inspiration for this also has been drawn by the recent passing of measure 36 in Oregon, nullifying the recognition of any existing or future gay marraiges by the state.
Although I must respect that many of the 'yes' votes on this measure were in accordance with the church, an organization which does wonderful things for communities and lost people all over the world, denying the right to certain tax breaks etc. provided by the state to untraditionally married couples is wrong.
Homosexuality does not hurt anyone in itself. The only thing that makes it hard is that it spawns fear in those who don't understand it so they, in turn, persecute and hate those that claim to be homosexual.
Fundamentally, homosexuality may have been a threat to the expanding populations of prehistoric man and this could be the source of the stigma placed upon it un modern society. Yet, if you look at it objectivly, you must take into consideration that the reason we are sexual is so that we don't go extinct. We procreate to pass our genes to the next generation, and the ideals such as love are secondary to this. Today, the human population is so vast that homosexuality may be the saving grace and the cure to overpopulation. I would rather have homosexuals running loose in the streets professing their love for eachother than to have the government tell me that I am only allowed to have one child. That control is far more terrifying than having a gay couple living next door.
Think about the mormans, a group of people whom hold homosexuality as a taboo and a sin but also have very large families due to their beliefs. Try telling them they can only have one child.
Of course, this is all just theories and ideas and I could be full of BS, but it is so disheartening that this country claims to be a land of freedom, liberty and opportunity. Americans aren't excactly opressed in a tangible sense, but we are definitely not free, we are trapped in this net of capitalism, consumerism, infidelity and hypocracy. And, on top of that, we seem to leap at the opportunity to deny what rights we think we have to our peers. We are riased to hate ourselves and be terrified of everyone else. How did this happen?

Alright, now that I've got an entry out of my system I'm going to go poison myself with some alcohol and forget all about the state of things. A Domani!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    exopyjecy [url=http://manatee-boating.org/members/Order-cheap-Codeine-online.aspx]Order cheap Codeine online[/url] [url=http://wiki.openqa.org/display/~buy-cipro-without-no-prescription-online]Buy Cipro without no prescription online[/url]

     

Post a Comment

<< Home