on the balcony

Kind of laid back.

Monday, October 25, 2004

True Blue


monday Posted by Hello

I got the two new Bright Eyes singles today. And somebody called me 'sunshine'. I am smiling.


I find it funny how such seemingly insignificant occurences can function so many different ways and on so many levels. Today I found out that I missed an exam in italian, I forgot the paper I needed to turn in for philosophy on my desk in my apartment and I spent money, which is something I should never do. Actually spending money can be justified to a certain extent if (1) it is spent on some creditable form of art (because, usually, the art does more for you than the money you spent on it ever could), if (2) it is spent on some intoxicating substance or if (3)it is spent as a gift or on a gift for another. Food should be free, water should be free, knowledge should be free, time should be free. We don't owe anyone for these things because they are in our nature. Actually, now that I've thought it over for a second, the only circumstance under which we should pay for any intoxicating substance is if it had to be made. Preparing a drug for the purpose of using it to forget that we have no purpose, to me, is an art.
And so on.

SO all of this on my mind and I am laughing. Sometimes my frustration and these frequent moments of despair become weightless. I must say, it is nice being sunshine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home