on the balcony

Kind of laid back.

Monday, June 21, 2004

Commence The Summer


 Posted by Hello

So I think my summer has finally started. If you don't believe me, I have the mosquito bites to prove it. Contrary to popular belief, yachting does have some drawbacks, but I suppose I will discuss those at a more appropriate time.
Due to the fact that this is my first entry, I feel as if I should speak on why I am starting this whole 'having a website' thing. I really would like to start some sort of journal, anything that keeps me writing and away from the television. I've never really been able to keep up anything on paper, I just lose interest too quickly, mainly because I get absolutely no feedback whatsoever. Also, I feel that the whole LiveJournal scene is for middle-schoolers and high-schoolers that have had an account since middle school. So, I decided to check out this whole Blogger thing.
One of my good friends that I met at U of O whom you may be acquainted with - Mr. Donnie Jeter - runs a Blog site (check it out) which I am lead to believe is quite popular. A fine website by a fine young man. This is what inspired me to start one of my own using Blogger as the host. I also have another site in the making hosted by Asian Avenue. I'm going to keep that one up for the simple fact that I love Asians - well, most Asians - and I feel honored to be part of something that they have created. I also have a friend that goes to UP who is into web design, so he is helping me personalize my site, which is pretty cool. Beyond the AIM world, my web-savviness is pretty lacking and I take any help that I can get. With this site and the one at AA I hope to build up some cyber-street cred before the internet engulfs the world... which will happen if we don't over-pollute or over-populate it first.
Anyways, as you can assume, this site is new and you must allow much room for me to improve it. I am open to any suggestions and constructive criticism that you may have to offer, and you are free to make fun of me at any time for any stupid mistakes I make. Thank you for checking it out and please comment, it makes me feel special.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home