on the balcony

Kind of laid back.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

C'est la Vie

Hello everyone...
I know I haven't updated in a while, the only reason I think I can give you without beginning to make up excuses is that life is catching up with me. Right now, even, I should be studying for a biology midterm that I will be taking in 2 hours...oh well. I have some good things to share though:

I have been doing really well in all of my classes and I am experiencing a phenonemon called learning, as opposed to memorization and forgetting, which is nice.

I have come to the final stages of organizing my study abroad plans for next year. I will be in Aalborg, Denmark and Oslo, Norway...are you jealous?

As for me, as for my emotional status...I could say I've been better and I've been worse. I really have little to complain about that's actually worth the grief...I guess I've just been looking back on this year and it has brought me down a little. Well, maybe a lot. I have, as of yet, been unsuccessful in surrounding myself with peers, with people who have grown, with people whom I share common goals...or even a common taste in music. I do have many friends whom I care for and I know care for me, it's just we've all either become different people or have yet to move on to the next step. The love is there, but I think the relation is slowly fading.
My living situation this year I think has made me mature too quickly, I'm not as entertained by the silly old things of the past, I don't laugh as easily, I often take things too seriously and I think my relationships are suffering. I'm just looking for some acceptance. I want to lose the vanity of it all. I want to feel on the inside that my life is not slowly ending but progressing. I have things to look foreward to, yet I can't seem to allow myself to get too excited about them. Things never turn out as they should...actually they turn out exactly as they should...but never, ever how you imagine or want them too. It's hard, too, when you feel alone or incidental.
Once I return to portland I think things will change for the better. I just want to go off to europe feeling good about life and it's course. Growing up is hard. Acceptance is hard to find. Why?
Anyways, I should get studying. By the way, I don't want you guys to think I'm having a terrible time right now because of this post, things are really okay...I guess I'm just finishing up this emotional slump I will call my second year of life away from home. Thanks for stopping by and take care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home